We are looking for an experienced Project Lead to drive the direction of our projects forward and help continue our track record of successful delivery.
At Media Suite, we have a wide range of clients, but we specialise in meaningful public sector work which will enable society (and government) to adapt. We create systems and software to solve challenging and meaningful problems in various domains. If you’re up for a challenge, you’ve come to the right place.
What you'll need to bring
- You will need to have experience with agile project management as well as the design and development of web apps.
- You will be comfortable mocking up solutions and writing user stories.
- You will be comfortable overseeing the design and estimation process
- You will be able to plan the next sprint with your team as well as define and communicate next years roadmap to senior stakeholders
- You will be able to track and manage the delivery of multiple projects (simultaneously)
- You will help spot opportunities and identify risks
- You will be able to guide our clients through the User Acceptance Testing process
- You will have impeccably written communications
- You will be able to maintain internal and external relationships
- You will be someone who takes initiative, equally happy to take on a challenge as well as a chore.
We cherish our culture, so every hire we make is carefully considered. If you’re tempted to join the Media Suite team, be sure to read on and make sure our ideologies are aligned.
We are a team of curious-minded people who support each other, hold robust debates and don’t mind helping each other move house on the weekend. We thrive on challenges, we view our successes (and failures) as opportunities for growth, and we never, ever want to stop learning.
We value mindset over skillset and we believe the team is more powerful than the individual.
Our employment philosophy is simple. We look for the right people and then do what it takes to get them on board and keep them around. We aren’t scared to invest in the right people to help realise their potential.
- $2,000 professional development and training budget, plus time and space for learning
- $1,000 tech budget
- 4% matched kiwi saver contributions
- hardware needed for your role, usually a MacBook pro and dual monitors
- sit to stand desk
- barista lessons (so you can work the coffee machine)
- weekly learning lunch (the lunch is on us)
Location of work
Many of our development team work remotely, however, due to the collaboration requirements, this role is to be based in our Christchurch office.
About the work
We build web applications for local and central government, national and international business, along with a handful of charitable organisations.
Our projects are generally interesting. They are large enough to get your teeth into, but not so big that you get bogged down forever.
We are excited to solve real-world problems, actually making a difference in improving lives, the environment and efficiency.
How we work
Our mandate is to build the right thing by combining thoughtful design with clever technology.
We use various Agile methods to deliver our projects and continually reflect upon and make improvements to our systems and processes.
Please use the 'Apply' button on this page to submit your CV. Please ensure you include a cover letter including your experience and expertise along with some information outlining your background, current situation and why you think you would be a good fit within our team.
If you’re our next Project Lead, we want to hear from you!
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying